The Rise of Mobile Welfare Units
August 15, 2021
Mobile Welfare Units Hire, Groundhog Cabins, Storage, Heavy & Small Plant for Hire South London
A UK government Health & Safety document states that ‘Construction workers need adequate toilet and washing facilities, a place to warm up and eat their food and somewhere to store clothing’. It goes on to say ‘However, these basic requirements are often neglected. A cold water tap and chemical toilet on their own are not adequate facilities. Good facilities can positively benefit health and well-being and can help to prevent dermatitis.’
This was written back in 2007,and there are definite improvements in this area in recent years, as mobile welfare units are now frequently seen at construction sites. Site managers are advised to ensure that suitable welfare facilities are provided from the beginning of the project, which are maintained during the construction phase. In fact it is now the norm for decisions about welfare units or groundhog cabins to be included at the planning stage. There are several factors to think about such as:
- The type of work proposed and possible health risks, which will determine the set up needed. If the work is likely to produce lots of dust and grime for instance, showers or proper washing facilities should be included. Some projects can involve hazardous or extremely dirty substances. Workers could come into contact with sewer debris, thick dust, contaminated areas or wet concrete splashes.
- The distance workers will have to go to reach the units.
- How long the work will last and how many locations there are.
- How many people will need access to the welfare units.
- Who will clean and maintain them.
- Whether or not they will need to be moved around during the project.
We have a range of high quality mobile welfare units from Boss Cabins for hire, which can serve as canteens, rest spaces, meeting areas and toilets. Whichever specific need you have, you will find one of our welfare units provides the perfect solution for your project in South London. Not only that, they are environmentally friendly too!